April 24, 2011
I’ve had my new kitchen for a week now and I love it. But, I’m also kind of afraid of it. I’m afraid of using it to spoil all it’s newness. Here are my top moments from the week.
* Dishwashers are magic. You can turn it on before you go to bed and when you wake up you magically have clean dishes.
* Sometimes I just stand and look at it. It’s beautiful. I’ve patted myself on the back quite a few times. I did a really good job of picking everything out.
* A new microwave is powerful. Things cook in just about the time the package says, no need to add time to make up for a 20-year-old microwave.
* Finally used the smooth cook top today after a whole week because I wasn’t quite sure how to use it and it took me that long to unpack the pots and pans. It worked great.
* I will likely need all sorts of new kitchen accoutrements to fit in the space and maximize use of it.
* Georgia is a little afraid of the kitchen too. The oven is still burning off that new smell. The timers all beep differently, they don’t let you forget the time has ended. The ice maker makes all sorts of odd sounds. I’m hoping all these things will prevent her from trying to get into the fridge or the garbage.
* I realized I have a German Shepherd themed kitchen. It’s all black and tan and cream.
German Shepherd Theme Kitchen
April 17, 2011
This is what it looked like right after the contractors left. I still have a few things to do and a more comprehensive set of pictures will be forthcoming once it’s actually completely done. But I didn’t want to keep you in suspense…
April 10, 2011
This is what happened during week 2.
Contractors still need to come back with the fabricated counter top, install the sink and under cabinet lights.
April 7, 2011
Got the new fridge installed and it’s one of those modern-fangled, advanced feature models with an ice maker (actually 2) and water dispenser. We’ve been sitting in the living room and as the fridge cools down it’s making ice. And making ice, is in fact a loud sometimes unexpected sound. Guess who’s getting freaked out by the noise, yep, Georgia. Every time a cube drops, she pops up, paces, looks at the fridge and growls, whines or tries to hide.
In order to get this monstrosity into the house, they had to take off all the doors. And low and behold with the doors sitting in the living room, Georgia pawed at the door, like she does/did with the old fridge. Maybe she somehow knew it was going to be a nemesis.
April 5, 2011
I have acquired a new kitchen appliance. I’m sure every modern kitchen will have one soon.
April 3, 2011
Here’s what happened this week in my kitchen.
March 29, 2011
When your kitchen looks like this:
Kitchen completely gutted
You make do as you can.
Eating in the office
Gotta have coffee